EXECUTIVE ONLINE MANAGER
Beyond the Tenure Track equips graduate students and PhDs to explore and expand their professional opportunities within and beyond the academy. We are passionate about preparing academics to flourish in diverse professional paths and leadership roles. We accomplish this through professional development and leadership skills training, curriculum, books/workbooks, and mentorship connections.
Beyond the Tenure Track functions as an online business with team members working remotely, though our headquarters is in New Brunswick, New Jersey. We serve universities and organizations throughout the United States.
We are accepting applications for an Executive Office Manager.
Beyond the Tenure Track is seeking an experienced Executive Office Manager (online) who can provide high-level project management skills and professional customer service to an expanding, multifaceted business.
As part of this fast-paced company, you will work directly with the CEO and Operations Team in an intimate, positive work environment that thrives on organization, professionalism, and efficiency.
Are you our ideal candidate? Review the checklist below.
❏ You are proactive and have strong project management skills, operating with a high standard of excellence and organization in all endeavors. During any given week, our team can be working on several projects, so we rely on you to keep projects coordinated and on time.
❏ You have or had exposure to academia or higher education administration.
❏ You have impeccable communication skills. You communicate clearly and professionally via phone, email, and all written communications.
❏ You are comfortable interacting with executive level clientele, and delivering the level of detail, professionalism, and confidence required for those interactions.
❏ You are tech savvy and enjoy learning and working with various technologies.
❏ You are available to work during normal business hours and occasionally on nights and weekends when we host weekend/evening webinars.
❏ You have your own computer/laptop with reliable internet access.
Preparing high achievers for their next career move is our jam! You will thrive in this position if you are curious, proactive, solutions-oriented, and highly-motivated, and ready to jump into a fast-paced startup environment.
What you’ll get out of working with Beyond the Tenure Track?:
- Relevant and valuable work experience
- Exposure to entrepreneurship, startup culture, and a remote work environment
- A tangible product/ results from your work that you can boast about on your resumé or in your portfolio
Tech & Tools We Use:
- G Suite (Google Forms, Sheets, Docs), Dropbox (manage team shift from Drive to Dropbox)
- WordPress CMS
- Thinkific LMS
- Survey Monkey
- Zoom, Uberconference
- Social Report
- Google Calendar, Calendly
- Preferable, Mac user
As part of this close-knit company, you’ll be working closely with the CEO and the Project Manager in an intimate, positive, and fast-paced work environment that thrives on organization, communication, excellence, and efficiency.
Estimated Hours Per Week: 10-15 hours
Rate: Competitive hourly rate with an increase after 90-day performance review.
Remote (work-from-home), with possibility for periodic on site work if located near our New Brunswick, NJ headquarters. Must have own computer/laptop with high speed internet access. Must be available during normal business hours; we’re remote team that believes in working during normal business hours so we can enjoy evenings and weekends off.
Position to begin on or about the first week of December 2019.
- Calendar, inbox, and travel management.
- Invoicing and liaising with BookKeeper.
- Speaker bookings (contracting, date confirmation, invoicing, travel accommodations, materials delivery, expense reporting, client follow-up)
- Client intake (contracting, follow-ups, and related).
- Assist with email marketing campaigns, working with Operations Team to provide reports and analysis.
- Research (basic online searches for administrative items and more detailed searches for articles and information related to trends in the field.)
- Receive and place bulk book orders, working with book publisher.
- Oversee podcast editor for timely editing and publishing of podcast episodes.
- Support to CEO during webinars and online workshops (i.e. managing comments/ questions, etc.)
- Track and save all CEO guest blogs, media mentions and podcast activity.
- General administrative support for client projects, as needed.
Customer Service Tasks
- Maintain strong knowledge of the brand and its product and service offerings.’
- Field incoming leads from prospects for speaking, consulting, coaching, and partnership requests.
- Customer service and troubleshooting on membership platform.
- Select vendors on Upwork (or similar platforms) for projects, as directed by CEO.
- Liaise with vendors for services requested (printer, graphic designer).
- Prepare labels, addresses and send mailings.
- Prepare and schedule posts to social platforms, i.e. Facebook, LinkedIn and Instagram.
- 1st round: Select applicants will be invited to complete a brief questionnaire
- 2nd round: Finalists will interview with the CEO and Project Manager
- 3rd round: Finalists will be invited to complete 3 paid mini projects
All selected applicants will sign a NDA and hiring agreement.
If you are interested in this role, please click here to complete this Application.
Please direct any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org